Shrubs & Bedding Plants
Habit of Growth
Landscaping Uses- These shrubs work with any style landscaping – tropical, formal, you name it.
Small tubular flowers are borne on the ends of new branches in the spring, and sporadically appear in the summer. They are white to pale pink, followed by small red berries in the fall that attract wildlife.
Their cold tolerance makes them ideal for worry-free winters and both make outstanding hedge or privacy plants.
- backdrop for smaller plants
- accent for the corner of the house
- surrounding the trunks of tall palms
- large foundation plant (suspensum)
- along a blank wall
- for privacy by a deck, patio or outside a pool cage
- camouflage shrubs for A/C or pool equipment
- lining a driveway
- fronting taller plants